Shenyang No 2 High School is directly subordinate to Shenyang municipal bureau of education and is the first demonstrative high school in Liaoning Province. In 1949, Shenyang No 2 High School was established at the original site of Tongze Boys High School, which was built by the famous patriot Zhang Xueliang in 1925.
It was included in the first batch of provincial key high schools after the founding of the People's Republic of China.
Shenyang No 2 High School leads the way in educational quality across Liaoning province.
Since its establishment, it has cultivated 15 provincial and municipal gaokao champions and seen 267 students enter Tsinghua University or Peking University. Over the years, the school has received 18 national honors, 85 provincial honors, and 312 municipal honors.
At present, there are two campuses at the high school, covering an area of 226,000 square meters including a building area of 131,000 square meters. It has more than 2,600 students and offers 89 classes. In addition, there are 345 faculty members, including two education experts and nine provincial special-grade teachers. Nearly 70 percent of the teachers have master's degrees.
Shenyang No 2 High School is a famous international-standard high school in China. In May 2007, it signed an agreement with the Department of Education of Nova Scotia of Canada and opened Sino-Canadian classes.
Students who attend the Sino-Canadian classes will take both Chinese and Canadian courses. And they will then be eligible to enter universities in Canada, the United States, Britain, Australia and other English-speaking countries.
Address: No 6 Wuai Street, Shenhe district, Shenyang